USSVI Nat'l E-Board BBS USSVI E-Board BBS
A forum for the USSVI Executive Board
USSVI Creed: To perpetuate the memory of our shipmates who gave their lives in the pursuit of their duties while serving their country. That their dedication, deeds and supreme sacrifice be a constant source of motivation toward greater accomplishments. Pledge loyalty and patriotism to the United States of America and its Constitution
Useful Links
USSVI Charitable Foundation
Base Officer's Website
National Storekeeper
USSVI website: www.ussvi.org

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Quotes
USSVI Nat'l E-Board BBS
USSVI Nat'l E-Board BBS ->  USSVI BOD Online Meetings -> Minutes-BOD Online Meetings-Oct 2008 thru Jul 2017 -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon )

Random quote: Some people know how to live everyone's life but their own.


2017 USSVI JULY ONLINE BOARD MEETING MINUTES
Moderators: RayWewers

View previous thread :: View next thread
   USSVI BOD Online Meetings -> Minutes-BOD Online Meetings-Oct 2008 thru Jul 2017Message format
 
RayWewers
Posted 2017-07-17 7:05 PM (#12390)
Subject: 2017 USSVI JULY ONLINE BOARD MEETING MINUTES



Veteran

Posts: 250
1001002525
Location: Russellville, Ar 72802
2017 USSVI JULY ONLINE BOARD MEETING MINUTES
JOHN MARKIEWICZ---I would like to open the July 2017 Online Board Meeting with a Call to order. Time is 0836 on 7/10/2017
Please take a Moment of Silence for Our Departed Shipmates.
Tolling of the Boats for July
Please take moment to read our Creed.

Our Creed/Purpose: "To Perpetuate the memory of our shipmates who gave their lives in the pursuit of their duties while serving their country. That their dedication, deeds and supreme sacrifice be a constant source of motivation toward greater accomplishments. Pledge loyalty and patriotism to the United States of America and its Constitution.

In addition to perpetuating the memory of departed shipmates, we shall provide a way for all Submariners to gather for the mutual benefit and enjoyment. Our common heritage as Submariners shall be strengthened by camaraderie. We support a strong U.S. Submarine Force.

The organization will engage in various projects and deeds that will bring about the perpetual remembrance of those shipmates who have given the supreme sacrifice. The organization will also endeavor to educate all third parties it comes in contact with about the services our submarine brothers performed and how their sacrifices made possible the freedom and lifestyle we enjoy today."

AGENDA:

1. Confirmation of Ray Wilgeroth for the position of 2019 National Convention Treasurer. (Paul Hiser)
2. Confirmation of Central Region Director implementation of splitting CRD2 into two Districts, CRD2 & CRD6. (David Farran)
3. Call to provide National Secretary Ray Wewers with Agenda items for Pre-ABM Board Meeting and for the ABM. (Ray Wewers)
4. Update on new website/database. (Al Singleman)
5. Update on status of Groton Base Clubhouse/Bar issues. (Wayne Standerfer)
6. Update on status of Groton Base Sexual Harrassment Complaint. (John Markiewicz)
7. OPEN FLOOR FOR ITEMS NOT COVERED ON AGENDA. (John Markiewicz

JOHN MARKIEWICZ---The first item on the agenda is the Confirmation of Ray Wilgeroth for the position of the 2019 National Convention Treasurer. I will now turn the floor over to Paul Hiser for his presentation and a motion
PAUL HISER---Central Texas Base, the hosting Base for our 2019 National Convention has requested we approve Ray Wilgeroth for the position of 2019 National Convention Treasurer.

His qualifications are as follows:
USSVI member (20 years)
San Diego Base Commander (6 years)
Instrumental in establishing the Central Texas Base in 2004
Central Texas Base Commander (7 years)
Central Texas Treasurer (5 years)
Familiar with Quicken accounting software and feels he would have no problem with QuickBooks if necessary.
Has reviewed the National Convention Manual’s treasurer requirements
I would like to make a motion to approve Ray Wilgeroth for the position of 2019 National Convention Treasurer
LES ALTSCHULER---ENRD Seconds the motion
JOHN MARKIEWICZ---We have a motion and a second, I will now open the floor for discussion until 1600 (4pm Eastern Daylight Time).
WAYNE STANDERFER---I have known and worked with Ray since 2008 and can without hesitation recommend him for this appointed position
DAVID FARRAN---I have no objections
JOHN MARKIEWICZ---Having allowed sufficient time for discussion, I will now open the floor for voting. A yes vote will confirm Ray Wilgeroth for 2019 National Convention Treasurer and a no vote will deny confirmation. As usual it will take 6 of the 11 eligible votes to either confirm or deny confirmation
MEMBERS VOTING TO CONFIRM RAY WILGEROTH FOR 2019 NATIONAL CONVENTION TREASURER: NSVC, SERD, IPNC, NS, ERND, NJVC, DCOY, NT, AND WRD.
JOHN MARKIEWICZ---You have confirmed Ray Wilgeroth as the 2019 National Convention Treasurer
JOHN MARKIEWICZ---The next item on the agenda is the confirmation of the Central Region Reorganization to split CRD2 into CRD2 and a new CRD6. The Central Region Director previously received approval from the Board by email to undertake this reorganization and this action is necessary only to officially confirm the action in the minutes of this meeting.

I understand that CRD David Farran is currently traveling and may not be available to make the motion, so, I will call for a moion & second to confirm this action for the record.
LES ALTSCHULER---I make a motion to confirm the Central Region Reorganization to split CRD2 into CRD2 and a new CRD6
DAVID FARRAN---I second the Motion to Split Central Region.District 2
JOHN MARKIEWICZ--- We have a motion and several seconds. The floor is open for discussion until 10am Eastern Daylight Time
STEVE BELL---This is a very smart move. It is encouraging that, since Vic is leaving the area, that there are two people willing to be a District Commander. We could sure use more of that.
JOHN MARKIEWICZ---There having been little discussion, I will not open the floor for voting
MEMBERS VOTING TO APPROVE SPLITTING CRD-2: NSVC, SERD, NJVC, IPNC, NT, ERND, DCOY, WRD
JOHN MARKIEWICZ---You have approved the CRD split of CRD2 into two Districts CRD2 & CRD6 for the record.
JOHN MARKIEWICZ---National Secretary Ray Wewers has indicated that we need to set an Agenda for the Pre-ABM and the ABM.
Probably the best way to begin is to outline some of the expected items and then have each officer add additional items as desired/needed:


NSVC -
1. Proposed Budget for 2018
2. Audit Report for 2016
3. Convention Report for 2018, 2019 & 2020

NJVC -
1. Membership Report
2. War Veterans Status
3. NSL Liaison report

NT - Financial Reports

NS - Admin and Organizational Issues

IPNC - Website & Database Report

Regional Directors - State of the Region Reports

NC - Groton Legal Issues & Resolutions

Those are the things I can think of off the top of my head, I am sure that you all can elaborate and add/remove items as appropriate. I would suggest that, for the most part, the Agenda for the ABM and the Agenda for the Pre-ABM will probably be pretty close to the same.

National Secretary, you have the floor
RAY WEWERS---John has pretty much outlined the items for the meetings, but if others have items for discussion, please submit them to me no later than August 10.
JOHN MARKIEWICZ---As Ray stated, he has enough to get started. All of you should provide any additional items for the Pre-ABM BOD Meeting and for the ABM to him by the date indicated. I will add one other item at this time, Awards Presentation, which I did not include in the preliminary list.
JOHN MARKIEWICZ---The next item on the Agenda is a request for an update on the new Website and Database. I think we will take a recess for tonight and will open again at 9am tomorrow morning. I will turn the floor over to IPNC Al Singleman for his update at that time.
AL SINGLEMAN---Shipmates, just got an update e-mail from Mike McTaggart. They are working on the new system on the Cloud and making changes daily as well as giving me daily updates starting today. He is also planning a Demo for sometime next week. I will let all of you know as soon as I get the info. They are making good progress and there is light at the end of the tunnel!
JOHN MARKIEWICZ---Hearing nothing to the contrary, it appears we are still looking at going live with the new website sometime later this month.
JOHN MARKIEWICZ---Fred Borgmann advises me that he has received nothing at the National Office from Groton Base nor from their attorney regarding a response to the Sexual Harrassment Complaint. My communication with Jeff Walsh earlier this month indicated that their attorney was filing an extension and that we would get a copy of the response when it is filed.

The Connecticut Human Rights Commission returned my call late last month and indicated that they were expecting a response from Groton Base, not USSVI, and that if Groton Base failed to file either a response or an extension request we would hear directly from the Human Rights Commission and would then have 15 days to respond ourselves.

Nothing further has been heard to date from anyone in this regard from Groton Base, their attorney, nor the Connecticut Human Rights Commission.
JOHN MARKIEWICZ---I will now turn the floor over to NSVC Wayne Standerfer for his update on the Groton Base Clubhouse & Bar/Tax issues.
This is the final scheduled Agenda Item and when it is complete the floor will remain open until I return for any additional items that the Board Members would like to bring up or comment on.

I will now relinquish the floor and the chair to NSVC Wayne Standerfer
WAYNE STANDERFER---Groton Base has consulted with and retained an attorney to represent them at a meeting tentatively scheduled to take place Monday, August 21st at the Stanger Stanfield Law office in West Hartford, CT.

In attendance will be an attorney representing USSVI, NC John Markiewicz, NSVC Wayne Standerfer, an Attorney representing Groton Base, Groton Base CDR Jeff Walsh and possibly one or two additional members from Groton Base.

The meeting agenda will consist of discussing and finalizing a settlement that will allow Groton Base to separate the Club House & Bar operation from USSVI by incorporating it as a separate entity. The steps necessary to accomplish this were outlined by an attorney representing USSVI, approved by the National Board and sent by certified mail to the Groton Base leadership on May 30, 2017.
As John stated, the present status of addressing the Groton Base issues was the last scheduled agenda item for the July Online Meeting.

I will now open the floor for comments and/or additional agenda items not originally scheduled.

This period will remain open until John returns and re-assumes the chair around 4:30 pm this afternoon.
JOHN MARKIEWICZ---Having seen no further agenda items nor comments, I will now proceed to close the meeting
JOHN MARKIEWICZ---Having passed through the scheduled Agenda Items and allowed sufficient time for any additional items and/or comments. I now declare the July 2017 Online Board of Directors Meeting Adjourned. Time is 1312 on 7/12/2017.

The next scheduled meeting will be the August 2017 Online Board of Directors Meeting which will be convened at or about 1pm on Tuesday, August 8th, 2017.


Please send any Agenda items for the August 2017 Online Board of Directors Meeting to me by Saturday August 5th, 2017.
Top of the page Bottom of the page


Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Registered to: US Submarine Veterans
(Delete all cookies set by this site)