USSVI Nat'l E-Board BBS USSVI E-Board BBS
A forum for the USSVI Executive Board
USSVI Creed: To perpetuate the memory of our shipmates who gave their lives in the pursuit of their duties while serving their country. That their dedication, deeds and supreme sacrifice be a constant source of motivation toward greater accomplishments. Pledge loyalty and patriotism to the United States of America and its Constitution
Useful Links
USSVI Charitable Foundation
Base Officer's Website
National Storekeeper
USSVI website: www.ussvi.org
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Quotes | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Anticipation breeds frustration.

Kap(SS) 4 Kid(SS) DVDs
Moderators: jprjer

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Charitable Foundation -> CF Kaps 4 KidsMessage format

jprjer
Posted 2011-05-02 11:57 AM (#4839)
Subject: Kap(SS) 4 Kid(SS) DVDs

Shipmates,

On April 7th I mailed 3 copies of our new K4K DVD to each USSVI Base’s K4K Chairman or Base Commander. I also sent a copy to USSVI National, Regional and District Officers. Please use them to explain and promote our program so that as many Children as possible receive the Care and Joy that K4K offers and, advance our creed in the process.

The DVDs can be used to explain and promote our K4K Program to Child Care Facility administrators, donors, media, etc. Also use them at Sub Vet Base meetings to show USSVI members what K4K is all about.

When I recorded my personal DVD last year as part of the Honor Navy Vet.Com Program to capture Submarine Veterans’ experiences, I asked Gary Galiher if his law firm would make one about our Kap(SS) 4 Kid(SS) Program. I explained the program to him and shared that a DVD would help in communicating the importance of the program to Child Care Facility administrators as well as to USSVI Sub Vets.

His daughter Mari had leukemia as a child so he immediately understood how important our program is to Children who are challenged medically. Additionally, his dad was a WWII Submariner. Gary agreed and graciously funded and produced 1,000 of these DVDs for us!

In sharing the DVD, I suggest, when possible, that it be viewed along with the people you are educating. This gives an opportunity to expand on the info in the DVD and address any questions that come up.

If the people being visited want to keep the DVD to share with others, allow them to keep it as long as they want. (If it is decided to let them keep it permanently, let me know if additional copies are needed)

It may be useful to have a lap top computer that plays DVDs with you in case DVD players are not available.

I will put the videos on “You Tube” and on our USSVI web page to provide another method to get our message out.

I have K4K Pins and Patches for bases with a K4K Program,. Seven of each are available for each base at no charge. They are meant to go to those who are active in K4K. I also have a looped Submarine DVD bases can have for use during visits (it is the same one that you see on the K4K DVD only it plays continuously over and over).

If bases do not have the ability to perform K4K visits you can still participate. They can help Children and advance our creed by supporting another base that has visit opportunities greater than their resources. Please contact me and I will provide info regarding which bases need help.

If a base has a K4K Program please let me know who your K4K Chairman is. That way I can send future K4K related items and update information. My contact info is below.

If you did not receive the DVDs please let me know and tell me the address I should mail them to.

All the Best!

John

John Riley

National and Groton Base Chairman
Kap(SS) 4 Kid(SS) Program
US Submarine Veterans Charitable Foundation
kaps4kids@subvetsgroton.org
203 668-9131
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :